Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just a few more things...

It's time to put an end to the posts about the trip (finally, huh?). I know there was a lot to read and look at, but that's what happens when you spend 15 days exploring a completely new place.

A couple more tidbits...I should have at least TRIED to come up with 2 more when I made the first post. A nice round 25 really would have been nice - ha.

24. Mints are like cough drops. Any kind that they had in the Kioscos (cherry, peppermint, orange...anything) had menthol in it. Even tic tacs.

25. Ham and cheese is VERY popular. We started noticing it on our flight down there. We had a ham and cheese sandwich and then a ham and cheese omelet and that was just the beginning... Even when we went to the Tango Show, they even switched out one of the menu items "Shrimp stuffed Ravioli" to "Ham and Cheese stuffed Ravioli"

The most popular question that Tre and I have been getting is "What did we like the most and what was the worst.". The first time I got asked the question, I was completely stumped. Not because I couldn't come up with anything I liked, but rather the opposite...I (we) liked EVERYTHING. It was such an awesome trip and we had such a wonderful experience. Some people would press, though, and force us to come up with something, so under extreme pressure (ha!), here is what we decided:

Tre
Best - the city of Buenos Aires
Worst - the mosquitoes

Jennifer
Best - the parks/plazas/benches
Worst - the humidity

Now...like I said the "Worsts" are so minor that it's hard to even type that out. We only had major issues with mosquitoes in Tigre and it really wasn't too bad. We had been warned, so we were expecting it. And the humidity was actually kind of nice in a way - some days were stickier than others, but it wasn't intolerable.

So, that's it. I hope you all enjoyed the trip!

1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip :) Just waiting on that ice cream....

    ReplyDelete