Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back in Buenos Aires from Iguazu

I don't think I mentioned it before, but the lady that we rented the apartment from lives next door. We had her number in case of emergencies and could buzz her at any time if we needed to use her phone or whatever. We really didn't have to bug her too much, but when we got back from Iguazu, we wanted to see if Charlotte was free to meet us for dinner, so I borrowed her cell to give her a call.

It turns out she was free and she came over about 9:30. We went to a little place near our apartment called La Peca. (seems like I use "little" a lot to describe places, but maybe that's because everything is small...small and compact) We ordered what she calls a "cheese bomb". It's basically a stuffed pizza with nothing by cheese and onion. It was so GOOD and sinful.

You can see the cheese spilling out of the pizza.

Afterward, we walked over to a plaza and settled in for some ice cream (let's see this is about our 4th time having ice cream - ha). Thanks to Charlotte being there and asking about a new flavor they had, I had the most amazing coconut with chocolate chip ice cream. I can't begin to describe how good it was (Shanna, I wish I could have brought some home for you). Tre got banana split and that was amazing, too. As I said before, they really know how to do ice cream down here!

Enjoying our ice cream!

We had a guest waiting for us when we got home. YUCK! Biggest cockroach I have ever seen...come to think of it, I'm not sure I have seen another one in real life before. Yuck nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously...Loving the blog :) And I am DYING to eat the ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete