Saturday, January 9, 2010

Exploring Buenos Aires - Day 3

As I mentioned, we decided to take it a bit easy this day. We walked over to the subway and took it to go see La Boca. This area of town is painted in bright colors and has the Boca Juniors soccer stadium, souvenirs, street vendors and a lot of little outdoor restaurants featuring some tango dancing. We had planned to go to a recommended Italian restaurant, but upon arriving they said they were closed, although the restaurant was full of people and the guide book said they were open for lunch and dinner. Who knows, maybe they close for a couple hours between the two.

Boca Juniors soccer stadium

Caminito street in La Boca

Jen and Tre the tango dancers - ha!

Tre found another Italian place, Brocollini, that was somewhat near the Tango place that we wanted to make reservations at. We hailed a cab and again headed toward Florida street. As I mentioned before, it is a longing walking mall with endless people, shopping and street vendors. This is probably the busiest street we were on. The city is very much alive with a lot of people everywhere we go, but Charlotte says that a mass of people leave the city in the summer and head to the country or the beaches...where it's cooler and less crowded, so I'd hate to see it when all those people come back - ha!

Shot of Florida street

A beautiful building that caught my eye

It turned out to be some sort of Naval building. A lot of the gorgeous buildings are some kind of government buildings...not unlike the Unites States I suppose.

I'm glad we had been in this area of town the day before, because on this day (December 30th), people were throwing their calendars and other papers out the windows marking the end of the year. It was crazy. There was paper everywhere.


1 comment:

  1. So, after we saw the dance at the wedding reception Jennifer did you get Tre' to dance the tango?
    This blog is wonderful, feel like I took the trip.

    ReplyDelete