I was running down the street, 3 ½ miles in and BAM, I must have stepped on a rock, which caused my left ankle to roll out and me to fall on my right knee. I thought it was just an ankle injury until I pulled up my running pants (they didn’t even have a hole in them) and saw a gaping wound on my knee. A fellow jogger/good samaritan helped me back to my office building, where I was able to contact a coworker who took me to the ER. I left with crutches, a splint for my badly sprained ankle and 9 stitches in my knee. Again that was a sprained LEFT ankle and a stitched up RIGHT knee. I was a hobbling mess.
I just had my stitches removed and everything is healing nicely. My ankle is still a little tender and a little swollen, but all in all I’m on the mend.
No marathon for me, but the baby is OK and that’s MUCH more important!
ps - if you want to see a picture I'd be happy to send you one...
SCARY Jen!!! I'm SOOOOO glad you and the baby are ok too. I totally didn't see this the first time I visited this site. I can't believe this happened! What did the doc say? How could that just happen to your knee? No tear in the pants? Gosh I got shivers. If you still have a pic, I'd love to see it. 9 stitches???!!!???!!! Dang girl.
ReplyDelete