Friday, August 20, 2010

The 3rd trimester

I have officially begun the last trimester of my pregnancy. I wonder where the time went?!?!

We went in for our normal checkup last Thursday. The heartbeat was nice and strong and Dr Barmeyer measured my belly and it measured right on for 27 weeks. I also got some lab work done to test for Gestational Diabetes (I haven't gotten the results yet). As part of the lab work, you have to drink a glass of "sugar water" and then after an hour, you have your blood drawn. After I drank the sugar water, I had about 20 minutes before my Dr appointment, so I was sitting in the waiting room TRYING to read my book, but Baby Harris was bouncing all over the place. I hadn't experienced that much movement at one time yet. It was really cool! I told the Dr about it and he said, "Well, yeah, you basically just gave your baby a candy bar.". Guess we know what kind of effect sugar is going to have on Baby Harris. :o)

Before we left the Dr's office, he had me schedule the rest of our appointments - the REST of our appointments! I couldn't believe it. Somehow when he said, "You're going to have a baby in 12 weeks.", it sounded way sooner than the "3 months" I had in my head. Yes, it's the same amount of time, but sounded much sooner - eek. I mean, we'll be ready, but it was kind of shocking.

I pretty much feel the baby all the time now. Sometimes pretty strongly, but most of the time it's still light and fluttery. I am still sleeping good, although, it's recommended to sleep on your left side and while I go TO sleep on my left side, I keep waking up on my back. I might have to get a pillow to keep me in position (my friend Erin in MT had one and I tested it out for a minute one night and it was pretty awesome).

We worked quite a bit on the house this past weekend and I definitely get pretty tired after a few hours...it's not so easy to be up and down off the floor, up and down on the step stool, bending, reaching, etc, but hey, I'm still pretty mobile, so I can't complain.

We start our Birth Preparation classes on August 24th (6 classes @ 2 1/2 hours each). I'm looking forward to learning stuff, but definitely not looking forward to being in class from 7:00 to 9:30 on Tuesday nights - that's past my bedtime!

28 weeks
28 weeks

4 comments:

  1. Ok, seriously...how freaking CUTE is that belly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 weeks, wow that does seem soon - I'd better get shopping. So, where are you registered?

    Loved the pictures and stories of your trip to Montana. With everything going on I had missed that. Do you have a family picture with all of you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha it only took me two trimesters to figure out how to comment! ;-) I looove the pictures!! I looove the baby bump!!! And ketchup flavored chips - I'd love to try 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA... I love that you took the last two sets of pics in the same shirt. You can totally see how Baby Harris is growing!

    ReplyDelete