Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Tre's parents come over to San Diego for the 4th of July every year and spend it with their dear friends John and Jayne McArthur in Coronado and Tre and I usually join in for most of festivities, too. There's sailing, bbqing, watching the parade, concert in the park and fireworks over the bay - typical 4th of July stuff.

This year, there was also a Vietnam helicopter pilots convention here in San Diego (Bill and John both flew helicopters in Vietnam), so even though Nance wasn't able to make it due to her trip up to Sonoma, Bill really didn't want to miss it this year. We had the pleasure of having him stay with us and as always enjoyed great food and company all weekend in Coronado.

Looks like he knows exactly what he's doing, huh?

I just love seeing little kids waving their flags - these 2 girls we so cute to watch

John, Bill and a few of the other helicopter pilots walked in the parade as part of the Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC) Society. The DFC is awarded for heroism or achievement for individuals involved in aviation.

Left to Right - Bill, John, Gary and Sam. Bill had not seen Gary since 1971 - they all had a great time catching up!

The "San Diego Star Wars Society"...really? I HAD to take this picture for a particular friend on the east coast

21 weeks

Tre and his dad

1 comment:

  1. Oh - the belly has grown a ton since I left! I am missing it!! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete