With a spring in his step and a twinkle in his eye, Tre said to me one day, “Rumor has it, there is a Bob’s Big Boy in El Cajon!”. I knew by the way he told me, that it was going to be bad that I had no idea what he was talking about. After he gasped and nearly passed out due to my lack of knowledge, we made a plan to go out there and have lunch.
We had the traditional Big Boy hamburger. A double burger with cheese that is similar, but slightly bigger than a Big Mac. And I’m sure someone will be really unhappy that I make the comparison to McDonalds, but it’s kind of like a McDonalds, only with slightly better quality food, menus and waitresses.
It was fun to go check it out, but Tre was slightly disappointed as he remembered very vividly that there was a Thousand Island type dressing on the burgers when he was a kid and the one we had had more of a ketchup relish…not the same.

Yep, I was there and the sauce was a 1,000 Island dressing base on Bob's Big Boy hamburgers.
ReplyDelete