Ain't it perty?
Of course the little “turkey” (ha ha) did not cook as fast as it was supposed to and we didn’t get to eat dinner until 8:00 at night, but now we have some yummy leftovers. I made most of the “trimmings”, too. Corn, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy. I can’t toot my horn too much, though, because the corn came out of a can, the stuffing came out of a box and the gravy came out of a packet, but the potatoes were real. I didn’t want to TOTALLY over do it on a weeknight – ha!
This was also Tre’s first carving. The cooking is definitely easier than the carving...
Last Sunday, Tre and I treated ourselves to a Cirque de Soleil show, Kooza. It was Tre's first show ever and my 3rd. I saw one other traveling tent show (Varekai) right after I moved out to San Diego and I also saw Love (Beatles' songs) in Las Vegas with my parents. I got some discounted tickets from goldstar.com (fyi - great website for discounts) and we headed out to the Del Mar fairgrounds to see the show. It was awesome. The costumes, dancing, talents and story were very entertaining as always. If you haven't seen one, you should.
Actually turkeys are easy, good eating and relatively cheap. It's all those extra fixings that keep you busy.
ReplyDeleteSome of the cookbooks tell how to carve to make it easier.
I'm continually amazed at how in touch I feel reading your blog & seeing the pictures. Love it.
Love the turkey... you are in charge of turkey next get together!
ReplyDelete