Since we were spending money on the massage, we weren't supposed to get each other gifts, but we BOTH cheated and got each other something small - ha ha. I went on the impossible hunt for Valentine's cotton knit boxers and came up completely empty handed. Did I find some? Yes. Were they totally tacky? Yes. So, I bought a plain white pair and some red fabric paint from Michael's and made my own. Tre proved that he listens when I tell him I like/want something and surprised me with an awesome Brighton purse hook to match the beautiful purse he bought me a couple years ago. I have used it many times now and I just love it.
The following weekend, we went to see Avatar with some friends in 3-D IMAX. I wasn't sure how much I'd like the movie as I'm not a big fan of fantasy, but it was AWESOME. It blows my mind that someone can have such a vivid imagination. If you haven't seen it, you should.
We are still training and going strong. We run every Tu, W and Th night and on Saturdays we do our long runs. This past weekend, John Shields (the bestman in our wedding), came over at 7:30 in the morning and joined us for our 9 mile run. It rained the WHOLE time. Drizzle, downpour, drizzle, rain, etc. (I think it may have rained almost the entire day) Having a 3rd person to keep the conversation going was a huge blessing. I can honestly say that we didn't look at our distance/time once until we were over 5 miles. It was such a great way to run that we are trying to do it again this weekend with John and our other friend Erin. We are supposed to run 10 miles on Saturday which when we were training for the 1/2 Marathon, was our longest run. This time around our longest run will be 20 miles. Scary.
Picture from the Super Run (Saturday before Super Bowl Sunday) - just before the finish line

He's always smiling so nice in the running pictures

I guess I'm not looking too bad either

You guys look AWESOME while running..I am totally impressed! Tre: nice job on the purse hook - you are the MAN!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Can't believe we've never taken this tour with all the time we've spent in San Diego. It will definitely be on next agenda, loved the turquoise water, animals and beautiful setting. Only calmer seas might have been nicer.
ReplyDelete